UPDATE Wednesday, June 30
In this video update from Jon Stallsmith:
- In the familiar words from Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord…” we tend to individualize the word “you.” However, in the original language it is plural (y’all!) – God has plans for his people.
- Yes, God has plans for us individually, but this verse reminds us that we are not alone in the tough times – we are together.
- In the book of Kings, Elijah’s complaint to God was that he was all alone. But the word of the Lord came to Elijah and assured him that he has thousands who had not bowed the knee to Baal, and that he was not alone.
- In Matthew 28, Jesus comforted his disciples with the declaration that he was with them always.
- Re-read Jeremiah 29, exchanging the word “you” with “y’all” and be encouraged that God has plans for us as a church community so that we might be a blessing to those around us.