UPDATE: Friday, June 26
In this video from Jon Stallsmith:
- Sunday, we’ll be reading a scripture from Jeremiah 29 which is used out of context perhaps more frequently than any other, and yet, during this Covid-19 era it might be more relevant than ever.
- Continuing in the Lord’s Prayer, we come to “Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”
- God is sovereign and providential, but we see and experience things happening that do not align with God’s perfect and good will for humanity.
- The Lord’s Prayer invites us to imagine what God’s will looks like and enter into that work. The coming of the Kingdom of God is something only God does, but we have a role to play. As N.T. Wright puts it, we don’t so much build the Kingdom of God, but we build for the Kingdom of God.
- Pray about what your “assignment” is in building for God’s Kingdom.
- Reminder for watch parties this Sunday – details here.