WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe the best way to know what a person, a ministry, or even a church, is really about is look at their fruit. In fact, we have a saying, “Root determines fruit.” So the best way to know what we are about isn’t through our dogma, or what we say we believe, but through our actions. But we know that many people want to have some idea of where we stand on the basic issues before coming and checking out our gatherings. Here’s our official statement of belief, some links to creeds we affirm, and if you want to hear Buddy’s heart on a couple key issues click on the videos under What We Believe on the left.
- We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation on men, and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross as the sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Furthermore, we believe that He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and that during this age His purpose is to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, and indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost. We believe that only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only those who have received Jesus Christ as their personal Savior are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become the children of God.
- We believe that water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed in the Church during the present age. We do not believe, however, these ordinances are to be regarded as the means of receiving salvation.
- We believe that only those who are thus members of the true Church shall be eligible for membership in the local church.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church, and that every local church under Christ has a right to govern its own affairs.
- We believe in the personal, premillenial, and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this Blessed Hope has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, and of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
- We believe in the existence of angels who worship God. We also believe in the existence of Satan, the devil, a fallen being, who with his demons opposes God, His people, and His work, but over whom Christians can have spiritual victory.